Posts Tagged ‘Jaipur’
A list of things to do on a vacation depends on the destination, length of the vacation, and whether the vacation is romantic, kids oriented, or educational. If newlyweds on their honeymoon are visiting a foreign region, such as Rajasthan, India, the list of things to do should include:
1. A detailed plan or a tourist guide to help you identify and visit iconic places. The list should include famous places and attractions such as camel fairs, roadside eateries, Brahma temples, magnificent forts and palaces, Indian tiger reserve, and puppet theatres for romantic evenings in Rajasthan. It is also wise to research hotels that have good safety ratings with a nice view of the Aravalli Mountains or the city skylines.
2. The vacation plan should be relaxing, even paced and enjoyable. The couple can buy souvenirs which reflect their eternal love for each other or the wife’s desire to conceive a child during the honeymoon. The souvenirs can range from postcards, fine jewelry from the city of Jaipur or Ajmer, musk and sandalwood perfumes, objects made from ivory, pearls or peacock feathers which symbolize fertility and romance.
3. The couple should also carry a compact first aid kit with important medicines to guard against nausea, diarrhea or fever during their vacation and remember to only drink boiled water, even if it is bottled and sealed.
4. Remember to keep printed maps, tourist guides, 220 Volt Smartphone chargers, cameras and camcorders, extra cash in Indian currency and an “all you can travel” Railway pass.
4. Rajasthan becomes hot during the day and cold during the night, so the couple should pack both sweat soaking cotton clothing as well as woolen clothes and undergarments.
5. The couple is strongly advised to gain a rudimentary awareness of the local laws and perhaps a few words such as “Hello”, “How Much”, “Thank You”, and “Goodbye” in local Hindi language to make sure they are perceived as friendly tourists.